From today, Wednesday 14 October, all of Ellesmere Port & Neston, along with the rest of West Cheshire, has been included in the HIGH local COVID-19 risk level.
This means, on top of restrictions in alert level medium:
- you must not socialise with anybody outside of your household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place
- you must not socialise in a group of more than 6 outside, including in a garden or other spaces like beaches or parks (other than where specific exemptions apply in law)
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law
- certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10pm and 5am
- businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through
- schools, universities and places of worship remain open
- weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees
- exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors. These will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with, or for youth or disability sport
- you can continue to travel to venues or amenities that are open, for work or to access education, but should look to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible
You should continue to:
- follow social distancing rules
- work from home where you can effectively do so
- walk or cycle where possible, or plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes on public transport
The above information is taken from the Gov.UK website. You can find out more by clicking here.